Monday, December 22, 2008

On the Twenty-Second Day of Christmas

Daily Photo: Weird light-sculpture thing near Rockefeller Center

It is bitter cold here in New York today. Glove-wearing, hat-wearing, windy, shivering cold. Unfortunately for me, it's also quite cold in my apartment. My landlord controls the heat, and let's just say he's quite... conservative with his temperature control. I am wearing two pairs of socks, 4 layers of shirts, two layers of pants, a scarf and a hat. Inside. My. Apartment. And I'm a still chilly, so I'm clinging to a cup of tea while I pack.

Did I say 'pack'? Yup. It's that time again. But I'm doing quite well tonight: my clothes are already selected and in the suitcase. Now I'm just finishing up odds and ends before calling it a night and crawling under flannel blankets, comforters and quilts.

What 'odds and ends,' you ask? Well, I thought it would be nice to make some Christmas cards for my family. Nothing says "good old-fashioned family Christmas" like hand-made cards featuring "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" quotes, am I right? Here is a little sampling of my work:


What am I thankful for today? I'm thankfully looking forward to a little reunion with old friends, scheduled to happen in a mere 32 hours. So excited to see you girls!

No comments: