Friday, November 30, 2007

Not Helping

This current state of ennui and distraction I'm experiencing is not helped by my packing issues. I'm heading out of town this weekend and was up until 3am last night, packing.

Yeah, you know that's a lie. I was up until 3am, but very little actual packing took place.

From 10:30pm until 12am, I worked out what I would wear to the wedding tomorrow - this involved trying on nearly every dress/skirt/sweater combination I own, while my roommate offered sage advice. Then came the shoe debate. Three contenders were narrowed to the one Chosen pair. Finally, accessorizing (pearls? pashmina? neither?). Being a girl is so hard!

From 12am until approximately 1am, I avoided packing by weighing the options of which piece of luggage to use. (rolling suitcase or backpack? rolling suitcase or backpack? rolling suitcase? backpack?) I determined that neither the rolling suitcase or backpack were suitable. I envisioned the perfect piece of luggage. I spent 10 minutes online trying to find it, even though it would be of no use to me at that point. I gave up, and dragged the ol' backpack out of storage.

The hours of 1am to 3am are a blur, though I am confident nothing made it into the backpack during that time. I vaguely remember creating a new iPod playlist entitled "Meloncholic Mellow Noel." I ate at least 3 Hershey kisses. I reviewed my dayplanner to ensure I had noted all events from now until January. (I had.) I read some blogs. I measured the merits of staying up to finish (ok, start) packing versus going to sleep and packing in the morning. I changed the display options on my cell phone.

Finally, Exhaustion could be ignored no longer. I fell asleep. I overslept. I did all my packing between 8:30am-8:40am this morning.

Love me or leave me, I remain forever-

Your Packing Freak

No comments: