Tuesday, December 23, 2008

On the Twenty-Third Day of Christmas

Daily Photo: Virgin Megastore @ Union Square

Raise, raise the song on high,
The Virgin sings her lullaby:
Joy, joy, for Christ is born,
The Babe, the Son of Mary!

Really loving the hymn "What Child Is This?" this Advent season. An especially nice version can be found on the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack, if you were a-wondering.

In other news - I'm a little sick, and a little tired, but I'm home. It's nice to be home. For starters, it's a whole lot warmer than my NYC apartment. I'm only wearing one pair of socks right now! Merry Christmas to me, indeed.

Another 'good thing': the holiday movie marathon has begun. I've watched the second half of "In the Good Old Summertime" (which, despite the title, takes place mostly during the Christmas season) and the first half of "White Christmas." (Who needs to watch the whole movie, when you have them each near-memorized?)

Big day tomorrow, so I best be getting to bed. My bed, my cozy old familiar bed, my "big girl bed" - yes, this bed is old. Which I guess makes me old*, too. :)

*Except that SBG says I'm not getting older, I'm getting more sophisticated. So three cheers for SBG! And sophistication!

No comments: