Hey. Hi. Hello.
I like writing and I like the idea of having an About Me page, but it turns out - I do not like writing my own About Me page. Could you write it for me? I'll pay you 5 [insert currency of your choosing].
Get back to me on that. In the meantime, I guess I'll make a list. (I'm always good for a list.)
Away we go:
- My name is Kristy.
- I grew up in the suburbs of Washington, D.C.
- Went to school in the south.
- Spent a few years in Boston (Go Sox!)
- Now I live in New York City, which I very much love, except when I hate it.
(To say nothing of the days of apathy...)
- I spend 45 hours a week working inside a beige cubicle at a large corporate firm.
- To un-crush my soul after #6, I have hobbies including, but not limited to:
- Improv - I stand on stages and make stuff up
- Hebrew - Learning to read the 1st part of the Bible in it's 1st language
- Scrabble - I find it's best played with senior citizens
- Writing - It unravels my thoughts, in a good way
- Voice lessons - Confronting fears & learning to sing!
- I can be stubborn. And brave. And empathetic.
- I hope to get better at forgiving - both myself and others.
- My dad says my sense of humor is "intriguing" and "macabre." I'm not sure he gets me.
- My mom says I don't let grass grow under my feet. I take this as a compliment.
- I hate most romantic comedies, but am rather fond of gross-out comedies. Does this make me a teenage boy?
- My favorite color is pink. Does that make me a nine-year-old girl?
- I like men in hats, and guys in Converse sneakers.
- I often wear both hats and Converse, because you have to be the person you want to find, right? (No.)
- God is way more important to me than His numbering on this list might suggest.
- I love stumbling across Truth in fiction, poetry, music, film, and everyday moments.
- I want to be a pilgrim who sings a new song and tells a good story with her life.
- Seriously - re-write this page and there's 5 forints in it for ya.