Monday, August 01, 2011

More Walking

Bench Sitting 5th Avenue
Somewhere along 5th Avenue
This past weekend I continued my quest to see how far I can walk without breaking my foot. 

I set out Saturday morning to circle the park.  (Except the park isn't round, so I guess I...squared it?  I dunno.  Let's not nitpick semantics, ok?

I walked south on Central Park West (lovely), then east on 59th Street (would be lovely, if it didn't always smell faintly of horse sh*t).  I turned north on 5th Avenue, stopping once to take a million pictures of alpaca butts (it's a hobby) and a second time to sit on a bench north of the reservoir and think about life for just a bit.  Then I soldiered on, taking a left at 110th Street and skirting along Harlem, before finally turning south and heading for home.

All told, Gmap Pedometer tells me I walked 7.088 miles.  An increase of a quarter-mile over my last long trek!  And the foot?  It held up ok.  So onwards we go...

2 comments:

Katie said...

Glad your foot is okay! xo

Sonja said...

This blog could use more alpaca butts. Post soon, please!