Monday, August 22, 2011

Girl Talk

Gracie

Friday afternoon I headed out to Brooklyn to see my friend Beks and her adorable babies.  Gracie continues to be a crazy-cute piece of work, and her new baby sister (who is 90% cheek) is something to behold.

Janey
Sooo stinkin' cute!
We took a trip to the park, we played Ride A Little Horsey, we did puzzles, we changed diapers.  And when Beks' husband came home from work, we left him in charge of bathtime and hightailed it over to Williamsburg for dinner.

As we walked, Beks asked me what was going on in my life.  I launched into an account of a recent string of crummy dates, but she interrupted me.

"I wasn't asking just about dates," she clarified. "There's way more to you and your life than just dates."

Oh, folks.  Can I tell you?  It's so good to be reminded of that.  I'm so, so thankful for friends who remind me of that. 

Phew.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

That's why Beks is the best!! She drops the truth bombs like NONE OTHER!! Oh, and she brings her be-cheeked chilluns around, too!