Tuesday, August 23, 2011

And I Felt Nothing*

East Side, Seen from Reservoir
Central Park Reservoir & the East Side skyline

Earthquake?  What earthquake?

I was returning to my office after lunch, riding the elevator to the 13th 14th floor, when all the commotion occurred. When I got to my desk, everyone was chattering about what they had just felt, but I hadn't felt a thing.

Except left out.  I felt left out.

I mean, what am I going to talk about at cocktail parties this week when everyone is sharing their personal version of the earth-shaking and I have no tale to tell?

There is some good news, though.  A silver lining, if you want to see it:

I haven't been invited to any cocktail parties this week.

Whew.  Dodged a conversational bullet there.


Here's hoping all your knick-knacks are still in one piece!

*Check it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

please keep writing. i miss your blog posts!! :(

KristyWes said...

Awww, shucks, thanks :) Updates coming, as soon as I get back from Spain!

stephen said...

Are you back from Spain yet? Seriously.

Pictures are going unposted, Scrabble games are going undocumented, seasons have changed, and we are in limbo!

Hope you're having a good time though!