Saturday, August 20, 2011

Whatever I Feel Like I Wanna Do
(Gosh)

Break Dancing, #2
Central Park, near Bethesda Terrace

Although my Saturdays & Sundays are still regrettably over-scheduled, all my weekday "after school" activities/classes are on break for the rest of the summer. It's a calendar miracle!

With such scheduling freedom, I hardly know what to do with myself after work each day.  Here's what fun stuff I got up to this past week:

-performed in an Improv show in Murray Hill
-saw an Improv show and ate Thai food in Chelsea
-had a convicting (in the best possible way) convo with my roommate
-took a walk with a neighbor (Hi C! :)
-celebrated another roommate's birthday at the Boat Basin
-played with babies in Brooklyn; ate din-din in 'billyburg.

This post feels a little self-indulgent (as if all blog posts aren't?) but I wanted to put all the fun stuff in print to put the rest of my week in perspective.  

Because work this week was...not the best.  It was hair-pulling, under-my-breath-muttering, crazy-making.  My internal dialogue between the hours of 8:30am-5:30pm each day featured a barrage of f-bombs and idle threats of "I quit I quit I quit."

BUT.  But.  Reminder to self: those kind of work weeks are the exception, not my norm.  And at the end of the day, I'm thankful to have a job that affords all my fun end-of-the-day activities.

Yes. Amen to that.

Nevertheless...Monday morning better take it's sweet a** time in getting here.  

Happy Weekending!

No comments: