Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Feeling of Rain

AstoriaChristmas
Astoria, lit up and soggy
As my umbrella and I trudged to work Wednesday morning, I thought (with great sadness and frustration), "It's been raining for WEEKS!"

It felt that way.  It really felt that way.

But as I trudged on, I had a vague recollection of Sunday (sunny) and then Monday (no umbrella), and was forced to conclude that the rain had only started the day before.  It had not been raining for weeks; it had been raining for less than 24 hours.

Maybe there's a life lesson in there for me.  Something about recognizing my feelings and acknowledging that while they are REAL, they are not always TRUE.  (See the distinction?)

Reminding myself of that, I'll get through this rainy season.

2 comments:

Janet Rose said...

Your photos and thoughts make me want to visit New York even more than I have before now! Beautiful photos for December!

KristyWes said...

Thanks, Janet! It's a pretty fun time of the year here.