Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer-izing:
The Days of Whine & Insomnia

AC & Nest, West Village
Somewheres in the West Village
I am not the best version of myself in the summer. 

The heat makes me cranky.

Plus, it makes me a bad eater and a bad sleeper.

The crankiness I remember all the year through, but the changed eating / sleeping patterns I always seem to forget until I'm in the middle of them. 

Tuesday night I ate chips & salsa for dinner (and nothing else, because everything else sounded 'gross').  And then I wasted time until the wee small hours (as disinterested in sleep as I was in food), watching re-runs of Cheers and wondering what was wrong with me, before I finally remembered:

"Oh right. Summer is wrong with me."

It's too hot for sleep, and too hot for food.  But definitely not too hot to whine about it.

On a positive note, we have somehow reached the end of July already.  Summer feels speedy this year, and that's all right with me.

No comments: