Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Where Is My Gray Hat?

Inside a Columbia Building
Someone else's home, near Columbia

No idea, actually.  I looked everywhere for that hat this morning, but couldn't find it.

I've been living out of a suitcase for the past week and a half, so I'm a little hazy on where a lot of my stuff is right now.  I returned to my own apartment last night; I'll be there for a couple nights, before packing that suitcase again and heading out of town for the weekend.  Then I'll be back in my own bed for a few more nights, before once again hitting the road with my suitcase (this time headed for an island far, far south of Manhattan).

I don't mean to complain about my recent suitcase lifestyle.  It's actually such a blessing - to have been able to find breathing room in friends' apartments when my own apartment was crowded with visitors.  And now to take a trip to visit old friends someplace snowy & cozy, and next weekend to take a trip to visit even older friends someplace warm & wonderful.  Certainly not complaining about that.

Nevertheless, it is just a little disorienting and a little tiring - all this packing and unpacking and re-packing.  And I can't find that gray hat anywhere...

Luckily, I got two (2) new knit hats from friends for my birthday!  So all is not lost, even though the gray hat may be.  Aw, friends, where would I be without you?

Vagabond-idly yours,
The Drifter

No comments: