Thursday, January 06, 2011

Weird and Wonderful

Bergdorf Goodman collage #1


I didn't have much time in December to check out all the store window displays along Madison & Fifth Avenues.  But I did spend several minutes outside Bergdorf Goodman, staring at their...creations.

What were they depicting?  Don't know. What's with all the mythical beasts?  No clue.  What exactly are they trying to market?  Not sure.  But somehow I had the distinct feeling that I wanted whatever they were selling.


Bergdorf Goodman Collage #3


Bergdorf Goodman Collage #2

Dear B.G.'s Window Designers,

Job well done, this holiday season.  You made me stop, look, think, and wonder.  Unfortunately, my income bracket does not make me a targeted member of your marketing demographic.  I doubt I could even afford to buy a single pocket square from you, and even if I could - what does one do with a pocket square, anyways?  So our relationship ends here, on the sidewalk of Fifth Avenue.  But it was a wild ride, and fun while it lasted.

See you next December,
KW

2 comments:

stephen said...

pocket squares are good for catching runny noses. they are the city cousin to the handkerchief.

KristyWes said...

Ahh, a fancy hanky. Got it!