Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Request and Dedication



Dear Casey Kasem,

I know you are retired and no longer have a radio show, but I'm wondering if there is any way you could still send out a Long Distance Request and Dedication for me?  Your LDD's really helped me express my feelings in the early 90's, and I think one could help me now.

You see, Casey, I'm in an Improv class.  And I know everyone says this about their Improv classes, but mine truly is the best.  Unfortunately, it took me a little while to wake up to this fact.  I'm afraid I took my class for granted for too long.  (Approx. 4 weeks)

But last night, as we were playing a game of "Pass the Clap" (which has absolutely nothing to do with VD), I realized what a talented, funny, flawed, honest, weird bunch of individuals my classmates are.  And I thought, "Hot damn, I love these people."

Casey, my eyes were opened.

I don't want to let another 4 weeks go by before I tell them how I feel.  And so, Casey, I'd like to dedicate Modern English's "I Melt With You" to my Level 4 class.

Though we are of varying ages and heights, and come from different places and backgrounds, and though we are riddled with glorious imperfections and quirks and corrective eyewear, we make a pretty good team.

In fact, Level 4 class, I want to meet your mothers.  Start going to the gym regularly because of you.  Invent a secret language with you.  Change my email password to your initials.  Get a house together at the shore this summer.

Basically, I wanna stop the world and melt with you.  Our future's open wide.

Thanks, Casey.

Signed,
Kristy

No comments: