Thursday, December 02, 2010

Who Loves Ya, Baby?
December Photo Project Day #2

Rockefeller Skating
Future star on ice?

When December rolls around, I do my best to avoid Rockefeller Center.  It's BANANACAKES packed with people, mostly of the slow-moving, camera-wielding tourist variety.

Do I sound like an embittered New Yorker?  It's just that I have places to go and people to see, and Rockefeller Center is a traffic jam this time of year.  So when cutting across town, I try to circumvent the area as to not get hung up in the crowds.  I'm a go-go-go girl (or so I like to think).

But tonight, on my way home from work, I thought, "Maybe my out-of-town friends would like to see the tree?"

So I changed my route and joined the crowds. Wielded my camera with the best of them.  And brought you these photos.  Is that sacrificial love, or what? ;)

Rockefeller Center, Tree and Rink
30,000 LED lights on that there tree

And you know what?  It wasn't so bad there, once I quit my go-go-go'ing and slowed down to drink it all in.  Sure, there wasn't much room to move or breathe, but the air was chilly (in that December sort of way), and there was Christmas music playing, and there twinkling lights and smiling faces. 

So thanks for making me go there, out-of-towners. :)  I'm glad I did.

1 comment:

stephen said...

Are you taking requests for this December to (visually) Remember?

If so, can you please track down some carolers?

Happy Friday!