Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Decembering: The Future is Now
December Photo Project Day #1

Trumpeter on UWS
On Broadway, 82nd Street

My calendar tells me that today is the first of December.  I have no idea how that happened.

One month ago today, I got back from my European adventure.  I can't believe a month has already passed, and I also can't believe that it's only been a month (because it feels like a lifetime).  But I guess that's always the case with time, or so old people tell me.

Speaking of old people, I've got a birthday coming up, so I'm about to become one.  At the end of the month, anyways.  Which, as we just stated, will take approximately both one second and also one whole lifetime to get here.

But before it gets here, I'm going to play along with the December Photography Project and post one picture here a day.  I will try to make it a picture that I actually took on the day it is posted, but I'm not making any promises.  I don't see a lot of daylight hours during the week, so I may stockpile photo opportunities on the weekends. 

And today - for example - it was monsooning here in New York City so I left my camera at home. You're looking at a street musician circa a few weeks ago.  But I'm sharing the shot today because I like it, and because I like street musicians, and because we're going to imagine our trumpet-man to be a real-deal herald (not a Harold) of good things to come in December.  Advent.  Christmas. The baby Jesus - born, born, born in Bethlehem.

Welcome to December - me, you, and everyone.  Let's get it started, yeah?

December Photo Project

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Johnny Cash....Niiiiice.
:) md

Michelle said...

Very nice.
Since you like street musicians - maybe you'll chance to take a photo of the 'Saw Lady' playing Christmas carols in the NYC subway... Here is a video of her doing that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZb-ZpQRla8

KristyWes said...

Whoa - that Saw Lady is amazing! Haven't seen her before, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out now. Thanks for passing along the video!