Wednesday, December 24, 2008

On the Twenty-Fourth Day of Christmas

Here we are folks, Christmas Eve. My favorite! So far it's been a good day of breakfasting with college friends, last-minute shopping, cookie sampling, visiting with neighbors, piano playing, eating our family's traditional Taiwanese/ Polish fusion Christmas Eve dinner, and catching up with a childhood friend over prosecco. Still on deck: some present-wrapping, church-going and maybe a little more of the holiday movie marathon.

Tomorrow I will get to the bottom of this mysterious, misshapen, poorly wrapped gift that is waiting for me under the tree. It is from my brother, Honkey Chateau. For the past two years, he has given me hideous lamps. Can't wait to find out what's in store for me this year! If it is minimally offensive and not indecent, perhaps the (unwrapped) gift will be my daily photo for tomorrow. Stay tuned...


...and Merry Christmas!

No comments: