Monday, December 01, 2008

On The First Day of Christmas

I set out to take my first Daily December photo while heading home from hip-hop dance class. Have I told you I'm taking a hip-hop class? Because I'm taking a hip-hop class.

Good Thing #1: Having a weekly outlet where I can "stomp it out" to Kanye's "Stronger." Having a teacher who encourages us to "find our groove," while we pop, lock, and bounce. Allowing myself to try something I am (quite frankly) terrible at, and enjoying the challenge.

Before I got on the subway to head to Brooklyn, I took a look back at the spot where the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade had passed just a few days prior.
And what to my wondering eyes should appear,
but the world's largest department store -
decked in holiday cheer.
In 1902 it was built on this ground -
that's how long Macy's been around.
It's even longer "since Prince was on Apollonia"
and longer still "since OJ had Isotoners."
And so dear friends, "don't act like I never told ya."
(Lyrics by K.Wes and K.West)
Macy's, Herald Square
Crappy camera phone & crazy coloring

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're joining the DPP! You should tell Rebecca so you can be added to the official blogroll :) And I enjoyed the pre-picture lyricism :)