Monday, January 02, 2012

Looking Back at the 'Banks:
Jockey's Ridge

JockeysRidge1

We spent the last afternoon of the year at Jockey's Ridge State Park.  Fun fact for you: these are the tallest sand dunes on the east coast!  Whaddya know.

JockeysRidge2

Here's the thing: I don't get kite-flying.  Like, as a pastime.  Is it fun?  It doesn't seem all that fun.  Not to me.  But it does make for pretty pictures.

JockeysRidge3

Now, this?  This looks like fun.  There were lots of kids (and grown-up kids) sledding, sliding, and rolling down the dune.

I elected to run down, myself.  Sand in my shoes is ok, but sand in my unmentionables = not ok.

JockeysRidge5

We climbed some dunes, brain-stormed some sketch comedy ideas, talked about life goals (or lack thereof), dramatically reinacted part of a Britney Spears video, got contemplative for a moment, met a golden retriever named "Reba," watched some hang-gliders and parasail-ers.

And just generally enjoyed being out in the sun.

JockeysRidge6
Self portrait

JockeysRidge7
Group self portrait

No comments: