Wednesday, January 26, 2011

State of the Union

Diner
A diner in Vermont

Did you catch the State of the Union address last night?  I did, and thought it was AWE to the SOME.

I don't have a TV in my apartment, so after Hebrew class I went straight to the gym, grabbed a machine near the flat-screen, and multi-tasked fitness and civics.  There were a couple points during the broadcast where I kinda wanted to do a fist-pump or a cartwheel, but as I was on a treadmill in a public space, the former would have been weird and the latter, dangerous.  So I refrained.  And waited.  And distilled my fist-pumps and cartwheels into this here letter:

Dear President Obama,
Excellent speech last night, sir. Leaving behind No Child Left Behind, investing in high-speed rail, reducing the deficit, vetoing earmarks, tax reform??
Mr. President, you are speaking my love language. Keep up the good work.
Your fellow American,
Kristy

1 comment:

gotham Girl said...

Well said my dear, well said!!!