Monday, December 13, 2010

I Long to Clear a Path...
December Photo Project Day #13

W. 80th, Snowfall
West 80th Street
Leaving the office this evening, I noticed it was a whole lot colder than it had been earlier in the day.

Forty-five minutes later, while I was rushing from my apartment to Improv class, snowflakes began to fall.

After class, as we walked from the theater to the bar around the corner, the flakes were still falling and were starting to gather on the tops of cars parked along Seventh Ave.

Later still, we emerged from the bar and found the streets also now covered in white.

What is it about seeing snow on the ground - especially the first "real" snow of the season - that makes me so happy?

The streets seem quieter, cleaner when covered in snow.  It's a deception, I guess, but it's a beautiful one.

I love this city when it snows.

(Sing with me now)

1 comment:

That City Girl said...

your blog makes me miss new york SO BAD. (especially this time of year). sigh.