Thursday, August 12, 2010

Will-fully

Stranger than Fiction at Pier I
Pier I near 70th Street, Hudson River

This week I saw Will Ferrell's latest movie The Other Guys. The verdict?  Not perfect, but parts of it were pretty funny.  Michael Keaton's character was hilarious. Marky Mark was enjoyable ("You learned to dance sarcastically?")  And Will does that dead-pan voodoo that he do so well.

Then, after class on Wednesday, I walked down to Pier I to catch part of Stranger Than Fiction (a personal fave) which was being shown on a giant screen there.

On the walk down to the pier, I passed a West Highland White Terrier (breed of my beloved former pet, Grimsies).  I sat down on the pier and noticed a couple sitting directly in front of me had a Westie.  On my way home, I passed another Westie.  What could it mean!?  Perhaps an omen of good things to come?

Good things like more Will Ferrell movies.


1I used to have a landlord2 called "The Other Guy."  But that is a story for another time.

2Will Ferrell was in a funny, if perhaps mildly offensive, sketch called The Landlord. Full-circle-wholeness!

No comments: