Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Five for Five

Spring Trees in Central Park, #7


Happy Cinco de Mayo, todo el mundo!

Once again, I don't really know what we're celebrating on this holiday, apart from margaritas.  But then again, margaritas are reason enough to celebrate in my book.

For added measure, here are five other things I'm celebrating and giving thanks for today:

1) "Freaks and Geeks." I missed this all-too-brief TV series when it debuted in 1999, but I'm making up for lost time by burning through the boxed set now. It's so, so, so good!  High school portrayed in a way that is real and poignant - but not sappy - and with wit.  The characters are relatable and endearing.  I'm completely crushing on Bill Haverchuck, tall gangly geek par excellence.

2) "Chocolate Underground" Stonyfield Yogurt. Slightly sour, slightly chocolate, this may not sound like a great combo but somehow it works.  Plus, it reminds me of my favorite sweet-treat from the Netherlands, adding another whole layer of emotional comfort to chocolate.  And summer-time bonus: stick it in the freezer for an hour! Yum, and again I say: yum.

3) My Pandora "Days of Wine & Roses" radio station. Based upon this song (by Mr. Frank Sinatra, who else?) Pandora spins a toe-tapping play list which makes my work day a little more peppy and hope-ful.

4) Pink Jersey Sheets.  They're pink, they're soft, they're snuggly, they're the perfect spring-time sheet weight.  That's pretty much all I have to say about them.  They just make me happy.

5) Neighbors.  Love 'em.  Loved walking in Riverside Park with JJ on Sunday afternoon so that we could debrief our Saturday nights.  Loved running into my Hebrew teacher at the gym on Monday.  Loved meeting with CJ at the 'bucks between our places to talk through the week's events.  Love feeling connected and known in the place that I live.

No comments: