Friday, December 25, 2009

The Thought That Counts

Bro's Present, 12/25/09

Here is a glimpse into my Christmas morning experience.

My wondering eyes beheld this extremely large box, wrapped in SpongeBob Santa wrapping paper. Though my brother had been threatening it for some time, I still couldn't believe the enormity of the gift.

I thought of my small little NYC apartment. I wondered where such a large gift could possibly fit. I wondered how I was going to drag it back to the city on the bus. I sighed. I poured myself a large cup of coffee. I ate three (3) cookies. I waited for my turn to open the monstrosity.

And when that time came, I was relieved to discover that the box was full of mostly newspaper, carefully protecting the real prize - this lovely tee-shirt:

shitter-red


Ah, a National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation reference! Classic!

My gift to my brother was similarly heart-felt and sentimental.

gnome


Yes, a Washington Redskins Garden Gnome.

'Tis the season to be ironic.

No comments: