Wednesday, December 31, 2008

On the 366th (and Final!) Day of the Year

Daily Photo: A wise-looking gargoyle,
as seen yesterday on W. 110th St.

The last day of December has arrived! I'm pretty pleased with myself for having accomplished the short-term goal of writing a post (w/photo) each day this month. Thanks to the December Photo Project for providing the motivational structure I needed to get back to writing regularly.

The last day of the year has arrived! Can't say I'm sorry to see this year end; it was a rough ride. I'll be spending some time with my journal and planner tomorrow, reviewing the year's happenings, reflecting and ruminating, then looking ahead. Armed with purple mascara, supportive friends, and maybe a bottle of whiskey, I'm ready to start over with 2009. Because...it's going to be fine. Maybe even sublime. Dare I say 'divine'? I hope to shine. And drink some wine. Look for the Sign. Grow more refined. And many other things that rhyme, as well.

My psalm for this year (the big 3-1) says to "Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord." So let's all do that, yes? Be strong, take heart, and hope in the Lord.

And here's to a New Year! 2008: don't let the door hit you on the way out.

No comments: