Friday, February 15, 2008

Finally Friday

Peeps, I'm so happy it's Friday and I gotta tell you - that makes me a little sad.

Am I living for the weekends and just rushing through the rest of the week/rest of my life? I do believe each day is a gift, a fresh lump of clay to work with, and not to be wasted. Yet I end up just getting by and getting through the week days, and I do not spend my time very wisely. I carry the unhealthy perspective of Monday as The End of All Fun, instead of a new beginning. Food for thought on how I can better accomplish l-i-v-i-n-g abundantly instead of just enduring...

Speaking of enduring...

Black Thursday

I made it through the stupid holiday! And it was Just Fine.

Highlights included a stranger giving up his seat for me on the subway, receiving a crazy-delicious cupcake from AD and beautifully-executed biscotti from CJL, and starting the day with my Thursday morning bible-study group. Chivalry, sugar and scripture - what more could I ask for?

Oh yeah, then there's this:
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! (1 John 3)
Exclamation point, indeed.

No comments: