Tuesday, February 13, 2007

For the Love of Will & NYC

Sunday morning, after churching with my artsy Presbyterian set in the West Village, I headed over to the Lower East Side to visit my favorite Hasidic merchants, and there on Delancey Street I was passed by a man on a unicycle, riding fast as though on a mission (late for a dim sum date? heading for the Williamsburg Bridge to complete his bi-borough ride? who knows the plans of a unicyclist?) As he pedaled swiftly by, his unexpected presence reminded me that I love New York for all its unexpected weirdness. And I began to worry about leaving it; Vancouver, darling, I'm sure you have your charms - but can you compete with this island that seemingly has it all?

*******************************************

I found out this morning (how could I not have known sooner!?) that Will Ferrell has a new movie coming out next month. This alone would be reason enough to celebrate, but wait, there's more: this new movie is going to be about.....FIGURE SKATING! Two of my great loves - Will Ferrell and figure skating - teaming up at last for a full-length feature film. March 30th cannot come soon enough. Blades of Glory seems like it will be a stellar addition to the already sterling Ferrell ouevre of low-brow comedy. Can't wait!

(Traffmeister Jenneral - is this, or is this not, a good excuse to fly your little self home from SE Asia to see this movie with me?)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

kpunk my sweet - you know it pains me, deep within my soul, to miss this magestic event with you...please know you're in my thoughts and I will be laughing with you in spirit! :) Enjoy the combo of Will (with amazing form!), Jon (who would make a beautiful woman...), and ice skates - it's like a dream come true for you! :) love you, friend