|Upper West Side|
The past couple of weeks have been...exhausting? discouraging? annoying? Something along those lines, I guess. Work has been unbearable. Sleep has been elusive. I feel brittle, like a branch that has no give. I have more questions than answers. It hasn't been the easiest of seasons.
But. There have been some bright spots. You wanna know what they are? Good, 'cause I'm gonna tell you:
- This album by The Milk Carton Kids. Minimal acoustic loveliness. The more you listen, the harder you'll fall.
- Late-night Rummikub games with my roommates at the kitchen table.
- Updated resumes and phone interviews.
- A couple of new creative projects on the horizon (looking forward to something is a key to happiness, don't you know?)
- Back-stage moments before Improv shows. Energy is high, music is loud, and camaraderie is palpable, as we group-hug and say, "I got your back."
- Any activity that forces me to be fully present (aka unplugged) - the gym, reservoir runs, voice lessons, etc. I so appreciate these breaks from the whirlwind.
- New hair color. Because sometimes a girl needs a MediumReddishBrown change.
- Dark chocolate with sea salt from Zabar's. Because chocolate is a healthful necessity in the dark days of winter.
- Speaking of dark days - they're fading: there's a sliver of sun left lately when I leave the office each evening. Sweet daylight. I'd like to see more of you, but I'll take what I can get for now.