Monday, January 09, 2012

The Haps

EmpireStateBldgCameraPhone
Looking up on 34th Street
Bullet points:
  • My week-days are bananas for the next 6 weeks.  Despite best intentions to pare down my schedule, things imploded a bit - especially with Improv. I'm committed (no way out!) and it's unavoidable (for the interim) so I'm just going to have to get through it. 

    But I'm looking forward to February, when I can take a little break and re-evaluate how I'm spending my time.

  • All that to say - I'm super jazzed when each weekend rolls around. Mini-breaks!

  • This past weekend was especially fun: I had good friends visiting from Boston.  (MadDawg, Slayer, Kujo and The Pulse: Has it really been ten years since we all met?  Crazy talk.)

    So fun to see these girls, fun to have them at my Improv show, fun to hang out, eat food, drink coffee, reminisce.  Sad to see them go. :(  Come back soon!!

  • I invented a new word: hilarifying (= hilarious + terrifying). A lexiconical addition deemed necessary by this article/videoTotes hilarifying.

  • I can't seem to sleep past 6:45am anymore.  I've been waking up every morning at that time, for no good reason.  Or...maybe there is a good reason?  Maybe I just need to figure out what that good reason is?  Hmmm.

  • Lately I can't get enough of the old song "These Foolish Things."  Mostly been listening to the Billy Holiday and Dave Brubeck arrangements, but just discovered an Etta James version that knocks my striped socks off.  I think I played it at least 20 times yesterday.

    Sadly, I can't find this particular version on Youtube to share with y'all. (Begging the question - does something even really exist if it's not on Youtube?)  There's an earlier Etta rendition out there - perfectly good, but not as soulful as this later version I'm loving.  Etta's voice is lower, slower and full of life-lived in the latter recording.  It sounds like she just feels it more.  Love that.  Sigh.

  • Lastly, if you have many, many hours to kill, may I direct you to this siteFull House Reviewed is chronologically re-capping every episode of Full House, and it's pretty funny (if a little NSFW).  You're welcome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that girl from Toddlers & Tiaras! Those clips have been bouncing around the internets, and that girl is a true star!