Monday, December 12, 2011

It's Time

Santa Hallway

I came home one evening to find our Super had decorated the building's lobby.  It is very tinsel-y and... eclectic.  (And by "eclectic" I mean "I am just being polite."

I do kinda like this Santa face, though.  His twinkling eyes stare down at me while I collect my LL Bean catalogues from the mailbox.

[Open Letter to LL Bean:  Please stop sending me catalogues!  I've gotten three in the last week, and I have never bought a thing from you.  If, in the future, I find myself needing a quality flannel shirt or a monogrammed tote bag, I will look you up on the internet.  But for now - let's cool it on the catalogues?]

In other news, December 12th is Frank Sinatra's birthday. Do you know he co-wrote a Christmas song?  It's true - "Mistletoe & Holly" is a cute little number and you can watch a cute little version from 1957 here.  (Back when it was a "newer song" brought to you by cigarettes.)

Oh, by gosh, by golly - It's time for mistletoe and holly
Tasty pheasants, Christmas presents, countrysides covered with snow
Oh, by gosh, by jingle - It's time for carols and Kris Kringle
Overeating, merry greetings, from relatives you don't know
Then comes that big night, giving the tree the trim
You'll hear voices by starlight, singing a Yuletide hymn
Oh, by gosh, by golly - It's time for mistletoe and holly
Fancy ties and granny's pies, and folks stealin' a kiss or two
As they whisper, "Merry Christmas" to you.
Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to you, Frankie.

No comments: