Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Days of Wine & Roses

Outside Tiffany's
Outside Tiffany's

I got carded tonight, buying wine, which I don't mind at all.  It will be a sad day when I don't get carded.

The cashier looked at my ID and said, "Whoa, sorry!"  Apparently she was apologizing for taking me to be much younger than 3-days-shy-of-34, which I don't mind, either.  Wanna assume I'm in my mid-twenties?  Be my guest.

The cashier then went on to share a story about how - when she was very pregnant with her daughter - a motor vehiclist had seen her from behind and honked his car horn at her.  A somewhat slim sequitur from our present situation, but I appreciated her sharing a moment from her life.

I like feeling young; I like hearing strangers' stories.  Here's to more of both in the new year...


No comments: