Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Anatomy of a Saturday

CJL's Backyard

After traveling out of town for the past two weekends, I was pretty stinkin' excited to just BE this weekend.  And especially to BE in my neighborhood, which I've been missing.  I just really dig this place on the weekends, you know?

I am not very good at going to bed on time, nor am I very good at sleeping in, but I WON on both accounts Friday night/Saturday morning. So I started the day well-rested, a rarity.  After some quiet time in the morning, I went to the gym and H&H Bagels (does a bagel negate the gym? Yeah, I didn't think so.)  Then I walked down Broadway to a coffee shop and did some writing.  And some eavesdropping.  (Don't judge! What's a girl to do, in a coffee shop?

While I was there, I got a call from the hilarious SBG and went to join her and her hilarious husband for lunch at Shake Shack and a little location scouting.  Then I walked over to CJ's place for vodka- lemonade punch, pizza, and fun party games with fun people in her twinkle-light-lit backyard.

I thought about going downtown to see an Improv show, but decided against it.  I really didn't feel like leaving the 'hood.  Sometimes Saturdays are best spent staying put, you know?


Dear Saturday,

Thanks for being awesome.  Please tell your friend, Next Saturday, to get here ASAP.

Love,
Me

No comments: