Saturday, March 14, 2009

The 'Nard-Dog on Love

Why is Andy Bernard my favorite character on The Office? Gee, I don't know. Maybe it's his sweet banjo-playing skills. His non-non-conformity. His determination. His prepster checked shirts, striped ties and blazers. His acapella vocal stylings. His...vulnerability?

Here's what young Andy had to say about the dark side of love, on this week's episode:
"...You put your heart out there like that, and it's liable to just turn into this blackened carbon brick, with this barbecue sauce of shame and rage..."
Excellent imagery, Andrew. And I won't say I can't relate to your sentiments. The fear of getting hurt grips me harder than I probably even realize.

So, you fictional mensch you, let us soldier on together - trusting the Great Grill Master in the Sky to deal tenderly with our hearts, to not turn the heat up higher than they can handle, to not let them harden into inedible bricks, and to help steer us clear from any condiments of negativity.

Or something like that.

No comments: