Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Multi-tasking Happiness

There are plenty of things in this world that make me pretty happy, but let’s face it: I don’t always have time to enjoy them. I’m busy, you’re busy, we’re all busy, people. That’s why it’s important (and I’m pretty sure the Bible would back me up on this1) to look for ways to maximize happiness while minimizing time & effort expended.

One way to do this is to combine things you love into one amazing amalgamation of awesomeness. Think chocolate & peanut butter. Think Frank Sinatra & Christmas music.2 Think Will Ferrell & figure skating.

I still remember where I was when I heard that Will Ferrell was making a movie about figure skating. It was a Thursday morning upstairs at Café 28, where I was meeting with my bible study before work. Someone mentioned Blades of Glory. I may have clutched the table. I may have spilled my coffee. Certainly CJL said it was the most emotion she’s ever seen me display. That’s what happens when you smush together two of your favorite things – stoicism flies out the window.

Prior to today, I considered the Ferrell-Figure Skating marriage to be the most effective combination imaginable for exponentially increasing and efficiently multi-tasking my happiness. Apparently I wasn’t using much imagination. Could it get better, folks? Yes, it could. Because what do I love maybe even more than figure skating? That’s right – Broadway. And where is Will Ferrell heading next? That’s right – Broadway.

Cory Cavin is guest-blogging for Best Week Ever, so check out his comments about this upcoming event here. Now there are two reasons to look forward to 2009!

Editor’s Note: Trafmeister Jenn-eral – what can I say? Pack your bags and get down here! We gotta see this, and there ain’t nobody else I’d want to see it with more than you. :)

1No. It wouldn’t.
2
Yeah, you know I broke out the X-mas music already. In my defense, it was snowing3 in New York City yesterday, so totally ‘tis the season, right?
3No. It wasn’t. But there was white fuzzy matter (tree pollen or something) drifting down all around Midtown and I heard several other pedestrians wonder out loud if it was, in fact, snowing. Despite it being 60+ degrees.

No comments: