Friday, October 10, 2008

It's A New Year

During our coffee & bagel time at church two weeks ago, as we stood clumped in the basement discussing dachshunds and Pierogie Parades, Sonja G. pointed out that I hadn't written on my blog in six weeks. Very true. I decided I better hurry up and get back to writing. Then two more weeks passed.

I suppose there were things I could have been writing about, i.e. trips to Boston, Virginia and Michigan. The move to Brooklyn. Acting and Hebrew classes. Books I've read. Movies I've watched. People in disturbing balloon costumes.

As seen outside the MAD Museum

But while my choice of topics seemed extensive, I found my lack of answers to be troubling. Especially in light of the subject of my last blog post, the culmination of a summer spent swirling with confusion and questions, I've been struggling to make sense of what really matters. Where should I be focusing my attention? Crazy Balloon Man - amusing yes, but of what (if any) consequence? I've mentally composed the beginnings of several blog-posts, but keep stalling out on their conclusions. What is The Conclusion? To borrow a lyric, What's it all about, Alfie?

I offer this up by way of excuse for my lack of posts, as I am very good at making excuses for myself. But I know I should be writing. I don't know much - very little, really - about what the heck I'm supposed to be doing with my days. But I do know I should be writing.

We've just entered into a new year on the Jewish calendar, and it feels like a new year for me, too. So I'm going to try to focus on beginnings and in-between-ness, and leave conclusions up to the One who is best fit to orchestrate them. I trust Him to do a better job than I ever could, anyways.

And hopefully this post will kick off a Return to the Blog. L'Shana Tova, friends! May it be a good year.

No comments: